Policy and Services
The Kentucky EMS Connection has been in continuous operation since October 1, 1996. As a service to the Kentucky EMS Community, the Kentucky EMS Connection offers a variety of free and low cost plans for publishing your information.
Photos submitted for consideration of publication. Photos should be submitted by electronic mail full-size in JPEG format (not to exceed 8 MB in file size). Printed photos mailed to the
Photos should be submitted by electronic mail and must include:
- The name of the photographer.
- The person submitting the photograph.
- If the person submitting the photograph is not the same as the photographer, a statement must be included that verifies the photograph is being submitted on behalf of the photographer and that the photographer agrees to all the terms and conditions outlined below.
- The date the photograph was taken.
- Information about the photograph, including the subject and the names of other agencies participating in the event. Patient outcome (such as transport destination) should be included.
- The names, if available, of any individuals prominently featured in the photograph (normally this should not include patient names).
- By submitting a photograph, you warrant that you own all rights to the photograph and grant permission to John Hultgren Photography (publisher of the Kentucky EMS Connection) to reproduce the photograph on a non-restricted basis. This includes publishing in electronic and printed form. Note that, as the photographer, you or your employer retain rights as the copyright owner immediately, without needing to file with the U.S. Copyright Office, but that this photograph is now considered published for copyright purposes by the U.S. Copyright Office.
- John Hultgren Photography, through the Kentucky EMS Connection, may appear in print as the copyright holder. Periodically, we submit an electronic copy of all of our web sites to the U.S. Library of Congress, and all published photos are included in this copy. In this case we are in no way implying that we are the copyright owner of the specific photograph you submitted.
- When submitting a photograph you agree that you have not violated any provision of any local, state, or federal policy or regulation related to patient privacy and that you have permission from all individuals who can be identified in the photograph.
- You agree to hold John Hultgren Photography (as the publisher of the Kentucky EMS Connection) harmless from all violations of privacy and assume all responsibility for privacy violations.
- As a
general news publishing policy, we do not pay for news or accept any
monetary compensation for considering news for publication.
these conditions mean? Photographs must not violate anyone's
privacy. While news photographs that are taken in an open environment are
generally exempt from privacy protections, photographs taken by individuals
acting in the role of a public safety official are generally not considered
news photographs. While you retain all rights as the copyright holder
immediately upon publication (without needing to file with the U.S. Copyright
Office), you are granting John Hultgren Photography (the licensed business
which publishes the Kentucky EMS Connection) an unrestricted license to
reproduce the photographic image. This includes, but is not limited to,
publishing the photographic image on our Internet site(s) and making copies of
the image available to others for a reasonable fee. Anyone who purchases a
copy of your photograph is entitled to full use of that photograph for
Items must be submitted electronically by electronic mail. The announcement should be written and saved in RTF (Rich Text Format) or ASCII format and included with the e-mail as an attachment. The announcement should be written in a "newspaper article" style with simple paragraphs answering the questions of Who, What, Where, When, and Why. We generally remove any bold, italic, or underline formatting and change all text to the same sized font. The authors name and title must be included with the article.
Please note that we cannot publish:
- Flyers (limitations in HTML generally prohibit us from publishing anything other than straight text; your announcement should be submitted in "newspaper" article style).
- Large graphic files. We try to limit the number of graphics published to reduce server use charges. However, photographs that significantly contribute to the article will be considered for publication. The name of the photographer, and a statement releasing the photograph for publication, must be included as outlined above.
opportunities (other than conferences and seminars). All educational
opportunities may be published on the Education Calendar (see below) or
in the appropriate category of the EMS Discussion Forum.
Many organizations offer educational opportunities, so in fairness to
all, educational opportunities must be limited to the Education
Calendar and the EMS Discussion Forum. Articles announcing conferences and seminars will be
considered for publication (please note that we cannot publish your
flyer or program, but we can link to your event's Internet site from the
Announcements for conferences or seminars can be placed on the Education Calendar and may also be considered for publication as a news announcement (please see above) .
You must submit your announcement electronically, using our form, to ensure that pertinent questions are answered and to maintain a consistent "user-friendly" format. The publisher reserves the right to edit or reject any item submitted and is not responsible for any errors. To submit a position available announcement, click here.
Services available for a fee:
Banner Advertising: Banner advertising is a great way to reach your target audience.
All banner advertisements are placed in a "pool" and a banner ad is chosen at random and displayed when certain pages from our Internet site are opened.
You must provide the banner graphic, which must be 468 pixels wide and 60 pixels high, and in the JPEG or standard or animated GIF format. The banners may be hyperlinked to any internet web page or any electronic mail address.
Please note that we do not provide graphic design services for your banner.
Banner advertising is sold in 1 month (minimum) through 12 months (maximum) increments that begin on the first of the month. Current banner advertising rates are $40.00 per month. If monthly rates change, those who renew a banner ad can do so at the previous monthly rate.
We reserve the right to restructure the web site at any time, and this may include adding, removing, or reassigning pages that currently participate in the banner pool. We also reserve the right to reject any advertisement that we feel is incompatible with the theme of this internet site.
If a banner advertiser is unsatisfied in any way, we will refund the remaining portion of your advertising fee. The Kentucky EMS Connection assumes no further liability.
Payment is expected prior to publication of your banner ad unless other arrangements are made. We accept checks, money orders, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
To inquire about purchasing a banner advertisement, contact us.